Airports & Flights
One local airport located just south of Hailey and three other airports in the region provide ready access to Sun Valley via air.
- Friedman Memorial Airport is located in the city of Hailey, 14 miles south of the Resort.
- Twin Falls Regional Airport is located 82 mile south of Sun Valley at the southern end of Highway 75.
- Fanning Field in Idaho Falls is located 154 miles southeast of Sun Valley.
- The Boise Regional Airport is located 154 miles southwest of Sun Valley.
Friedman Memorial Airport
- Airport Code: SUN
- Location: Friedman Memorial Airport (SUN) is located in the city of Hailey, approximately 14 miles south of the Resort.
- Skywest Airlines service provided through Delta Airlines provides travel to and from Salt Lake City.
- Horizon Airlines provides direct service to Seattle/Tacoma and to Los Angeles. In addition to the commuter airlines, the airport is also serviced by charter operators and has a full-service fixed base operator.
- United Express provides daily non-stop service to/from San Francisco in the winter and summer.
- Airport Services: Friedman Memorial Airport has three automobile rental agencies, a gift shop and a photo gallery – all of which are conveniently located within the passenger terminal.
- Getting To/From the Airport: It is also easy to get to your final destination from the Hailey Airport. Shuttle bus services are available from the airport directly to the front door of your lodging facility (Sun Valley Resort guests are offered free shuttle service). You can also make arrangements to pick up a rental car (Avis, Budget, Hertz, Enterprise) at the airport.
Twin Falls Airport (Joslin Field)
- Airport Code: TWF
- Location: The Twin Falls Regional Airport is located 2 miles south of Twin Falls. Twin Falls is located 82 mile south of Sun Valley at the southern end of Highway 75.
Delta Airlines through their partner, SkyWest offers direct round trip flights to Salt Lake City. Allegiant Air provides round trip service to Las Vegas.
- Airport Services: In addition to the commuter airlines, the airport is also serviced by charter operators and has a full-service fixed base operator. The Happy Landing Restaurant is open Monday through Friday 8 am to 8 pm.
- Getting To and From the Airport: Rental car companies located at the airport include Avis, Budget, Hertz, Alama and National. There are no shuttle buses to and from downtown Twin Falls. However, both short term and long term parking is free at the airport.
Idaho Falls Regional Airport (Fanning Field)
- Airport Code: IDA
- Location: The Idaho Falls Regional Airport (Fanning Field) is located 154 miles southeast of Sun Valley.
Airlines supplying service to and from Fanning Field include Allegiant, Delta, Horizon and United.
- Airport Services: The passenger terminal offers a restaurant, a snack bar and a lounge. The Short-term parking lot (first 20 minutes free) is available for hourly and daily parking; there is also a long-term Economy lot on-airport grounds.
- Getting To and From the Airport: There are several car rental agencies located at the airport terminal. Other car rental agencies have shuttle service from the airport to their lots in town. Many lodging facilities also supply shuttle service for their guests.
- Airport Code: BOI
- Location: The Boise Regional Airport is located 154 miles southwest of Sun Valley.
Airlines supplying service to and from Fanning Field include Southwest, Delta, Horizon, Frontier and United.
- Airport Services: The passenger terminal at Boise Airport consists of three levels, and houses Concourse C on the first level and Concourse B on the second level. Level 1 houses the baggage claim area and desks for the seven on-airport rental car agencies. Level 2 is the Departure level houses newsstands, gift shops, food & drink, business centers and high-speed internet access. Other services include a mail box, FedEx drop-box, ATM machines, a chapel and shoeshine stand. A TravelMart is in Concourse B. The third level is occupied by Airport, Police & TSA offices, as well as the Snake River Conference Center.
- Getting To and From the Airport: To get from the Airport to your destination, you can rent a car; take a taxi, a shuttle or a bus: Ground Transportation services are located on the lower level roadway outside baggage claim.