- The Sun Valley Center for the Arts has two locations – one in Ketchum and one in Hailey.
- Since 1971, the “Center” has been providing cultural experiences in this rural area far from urban environments.
- The Sun Valley Center for the Arts also sponsors annual events.
Since 1971, the Sun Valley Center for the Arts has been providing cultural experiences in this rural area far from urban environments. Founded by Glenn and Bill Janss, this non-profit organization focuses on experiences in the visual arts, the performing arts and classes in education and the humanities. Known as “The Center”, the organization currently has two locations, one in Ketchum and the other in Hailey.
Location & Information
As a part of the tight knit community of the Wood River Valley, the Sun Valley Center for the Arts maintains two facilities to better accommodate the needs of all the citizens throughout the Valley.
- Ketchum Location and Hours of Operation
191 Fifth Street East, Ketchum
Open 9am–5pm Monday through Friday
Open Saturdays 11am–5 pm in February & March and July & August
The Center is closed on federal holidays.
- Hailey Location and Hours of Operation
314 Second Avenue South, Hailey
Open noon-5 pm, Wed-Fri
Since 1971, the Sun Valley Center for the Arts is now the oldest arts organization in Wood River Valley of Central Idaho. Through the years, it has gained notoriety and recognition and is currently known nationally for its unique blend of programming. All of the independent Center’s Directors work together to develop and implement three to four multidisciplinary projects each year. Each project explores timely themes. An example of more recent programs include biodiversity, the art and culture of Tibet, philanthropy and corporate America, and the immigration of Mexican and their impact on the American labor force.
In addition to the ever-changing programs, classes and concerts provided to the community, the Sun Valley Center for the Arts also sponsor annual events, which include
- Arts and Crafts Festival – This annual event is usually held the first weekend in August. This event features over 130 artists from around the country offering unique handmade fine arts and crafts including painting, photography, fiber, ceramic, metal, jewelry and woodwork
- Wine Auction - Each year the Sun Valley Center holds the Wine Auction to raise funds to support its educational arts programming and community outreach. The Auction weekend includes: the auction gala, vintner dinners in private homes, a hosted wine picnic on a golf course, and a tasting that includes wines from the over 120 wineries that generously participate in this 28 year old event.