- Snowshoe equipment is available at the Sun Valley Nordic & Snowshoe Center and at Galena Lodge.
- The Sun Valley Nordic & Snowshoe Center has 25 miles of manicured and marked trails.
- Galena Lodge has miles of surrounding trails and serves as the base camp for the North Valley Trails system.
If you are an avid hiker during the summer months and miss getting close to nature when the snow falls, you may want to try snowshoeing. This is one way to trek into the backcountry and enjoy the winter wonderland.
Where to go Snowshoeing
- The Sun Valley Nordic & Snowshoe Center is located at the 58,000 square-foot Sun Valley Club in the backyard of the world famous Sun Valley Lodge. This stunning facility features a restaurant, lounge, bar and locker rooms, along with equipment repair, rental and storage. Meandering through the stunning terrain surrounding the Nordic & Snowshoe Center the snowshoe trails provide your whole family a fun, unique and inexpensive winter sport experience.
- Close to the Sun Valley Lodge, you can enjoy snowshoeing on about 25 miles of manicured and marked trails, which are used for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Additionally there are miles of trails throughout the Wood River Valley where the more experienced snowshoer can exercise.
- Galena Lodge has miles of surrounding trails and serves as the base camp for the North Valley Trails system offering hearty lunches, lessons from PSIA certified instructors, ski & snowshoe rentals and a full service pro shop. The Lodge also hosts a variety of special events including Full Moon Dinners followed by a moonlit ski or snowshoe, holiday feasts and snowshoe hikes with a naturalist.
- The North Valley Trails are home to the Boulder Mountain Tour which utilizes the Harriman Trail from Galena Lodge to the Sawtooth National Recreation Area Headquarters. This trail can be used by either cross county skier or those who are using snow shoes.