Any time is the right time to spend time in Hailey, Idaho. Regardless of your budget, your time allowance, or your level of physical well-being, you will be able to entertain yourself and anyone you might be traveling with by choosing from a variety of activities.
- Art Galleries – Any time of year, you can stroll through an art gallery and enjoy paintings, sculptures and photography. From private, individual artist shows to public viewings, there is always something interesting to see.
- Dining – Any trip to Hailey would not be complete without enjoying the many great dining options in town. From hamburger to steak, from salad to ice cream sundaes, you will find something to tantalize your taste buds and quail your appetite.
- Ice Skating – By traveling just a little further north from Hailey, you will find an outdoor year round ice skating rink, which was actually built in 1937. You can be entertained through out the summer each Saturday evening by Ice Shows. Rent a pair of skates and try your talent on the ice during the day.
- Museum - Educate yourself about all the history of the Wood River Valley by visiting a museum. The museums offer a variety of exhibits, programs and numerous opportunities for community involvement. Some of the museums are open seven days a week.
- Theater – Take in a live theater performance given by a local, permanent theater company.
- Cross-Country Skiing - The Union Pacific railroad tracks that originally brought visitors to the Wood River Valley provided the pathways that now provide cross-country skiers with the perfect winter trails. The area has 200 kilometers of impeccably groomed trails.
- Skiing - The Valley is noted for its amazing skiing, yet few people are aware of the little ski hill located just two miles west of Hailey. Small, but challenging, this community owned, non-profit organization is run mostly by volunteers, which enables it to maintain low lift prices. With its warming hut and snack bar, this is a great place for a family ski outing.
- Golf - Come and enjoy a round of golf amidst the beautiful backdrop of the mountains and close to streams and rivers.
- Hiking - The trails around Hailey are easily accessible and there is something appropriate for every age group. You can enjoy a relaxing stroll or choose to take a more aggressive climb.
- Mountain Biking – Mountain biking opportunities range from easy cross-country pedaling to extreme downhill terrain. There is something just right for everyone.
When vacationing in Hailey, you will find no shortage of fun and exciting things to do!