- Campgrounds are located throughout the Wood River Valley and in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area.
- Campgrounds typically open mid May and close by mid September, weather dependent.
- Length of stay is 10 days with fees ranging from $10-$15 per day.
- Approximately fifty percent of the sites are first come first serve.
Camping is the best way to get up close and personal with the beauty that Mother Nature has created in this area. In addition, camping is the most economical way to spend any length of time in the Sun Valley area. Many of the campgrounds are located in the surrounding mountains and accommodate not only tents but also RVs.
- Season: Campgrounds typically open mid May and close by mid September, weather dependent.
- Length of Stay: 10 days (this is sometimes limited to fewer days during the peak summer season)
- Fees: $10-15 per night (maximum 2 vehicles and 8 people). Fee boxes are located at each campground
- Reservations: Approximately fifty percent of the sites are first come first serve.
Nearby Camping Areas:
- Boulder View Campground is located along the Big Wood River. The campground is situated in an alpine mountain environment. Restrooms are provided. There are 8 standard sites with no electrical hookups.
- Easley Campground is located along the beautiful Big Wood River at a conveniently close to Ketchum, Idaho only 14 miles north. Easley has 10 standard sites with no electrical hookups.
- North Fork Campground is located along the beautiful Big Wood River only 8 miles north of Ketchum, Idaho. This campground has 28 standard sites with no electrical hookups.
- Wood River Campground can be found ten miles north of Ketchum along Highway 75. Here you will find 30 campsites.
Sawtooth National Recreation Area
Just north of Sun Valley begins a massive expanse of wilderness called the Sawtooth National Recreation Area. There are many campgrounds located here. Contact Sawtooth National Recreation Area directly at 208-774-3001 or Visit their Website.