- Snowboarding is a combination of skateboarding, surfing and skiing.
- Beginning snowboarders should take their first runs on Dollar Mountain.
- Mount Baldy has very few easy runs and even the runs marked intermediate are difficult.
- Terrain Park lessons are available.
Beginning in 1965, snowboarding is a combination of skateboarding, surfing and skiing. Snowboarding continues to increase in popularity among all demographics regardless of age, sex, or ability levels. If you can master snowboarding, you can probably master skateboarding, surfing and skiing.
Where to go Snowboarding
Bald Mountain in Sun Valley, Idaho is a great ski mountain for snowboarding. The Mountain has excellent groomed runs for advanced intermediate riders. Mount Baldy has very few easy runs and even the runs marked intermediate are difficult. Beginning snowboarders take their first runs on Dollar Mountain.
- On the skier's left side at the base of Lower Warm Springs, is the ski and snowboard Superpipe. This u-shaped terrain feature extends to a length of 425 feet and has eighteen-foot high walls.
- Adjacent to the Superpipe are four rails and a wall ride – A twenty-three foot C rail; a thirty-five foot Flat box; a ten-foot flat rail; a fifteen-foot down rail; and a twenty-foot Square rail. The wall ride is 8 foot by 16 foot. This new terrain feature is maintained through the use of a Zaugg Pipe Monster.
Guided Tours and Rentals
Terrain Park and lessons are available for snowboarding. Check the local “board bins” shops for rental equipment and further information.