- Two mountains are available to ski in Sun Valley, Dollar Mountain, primary for beginners, and Bald Mountain, for more experienced skiers.
- Sun Valley has nearly 250 certified ski instructors.
- On Bald Mountain you can experience 12 lifts, 66 trails and a 3 miles long run.
The Valley has two ski mountains – Bald Mountain and Dollar Mountain – each of which has unique qualities. Both novice and expert skiers can enjoy the sun and the snow in Sun Valley.
For the more experienced skier or snowboarder, Bald Mountain, is the place to be. With fourteen lifts and sixty-five diverse runs, the variety of skiing is exceptional. Accessible from the south at River Run and from the north at Warm Springs, Bald Mountain provides 3,400 vertical feet of skiing.
- Number of lifts – 12
- Number of Runs – 66 trails
- Longest Run – 3 miles
- Vertical Drop – 3,400 ft.
- Different Types of Runs - 36% Easiest, 42% More Difficult , 22% Most Difficult
People who are skiing on Bald Mountain has come to Sun Valley for the expert runs and the long runs. The primary mountain activity on Bald Mountain is skiing!
Day Lodges and Restaurants include River Run Day Lodge, Warm Springs Day Lodge, Seattle Ridge Day Lodge, Lookout Restaurant, and the Roundhouse.
Rentals and Repairs are available at the base of the Mountains at various suppliers on the Warm Springs side of the Mountains.
Dollar Mountain has a treeless terrain, and ten runs that help novice skiers learn the sport without danger of running into trees or becoming bored with only one run. Dollar Mountain has a gentle rise of approximately 628 feet.
- Number of Lifts – 6 total lifts – one designated for the tubing hill
- Number of Runs – 14 trails
- Longest Run – 628 feet
- Vertical Drop - 976 feet
- Different types of runs – primarily a beginner mountain
Dollar Mountain is the home of Sun Valley Resort's new Snow Tubing Park. Rubber meets the snow in three 600-ft. lanes. The Park is located by the Half-Dollar Lift and is serviced by a new 400-ft surface lift. New customized tubes are used for rides offering nearly 100 ft. of vertical.
Terrain & Progression Park -With a whole new jump line located in Old Bowl on Dollar Mountain along with 25 brand new rails, boxes and jibs, it is sure to become a Number One contender. Also, a Progression Park is located on Half Dollar including small features the whole family can enjoy.
The day lodge located at the base of the mountain is also the location of the Sun Valley Ski and Snowboard School. Here you will find qualified instructors, rental services and a repair shop. Sun Valley has nearly 250 certified ski instructors.
Carol’s Dollar Mountain Lodge offers hot chocolate and cafeteria style meals.
Recreation Office - 208-622-2135
Snow Report – 800-635-4150